Islam and Terrorism - Physical Terrorism
Shortly after the barbaric attacks, the investigations of the CIA and FBI concluded that the attackers were deeply religious young men from Saudi Arabia and Egypt, who dedicated their hearts, minds, and souls to the religion of Islam. Blas Pascal, a mathematician who lived in 1670 AD, said, “Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.”
The hatred ignited by the teaching of the Koran, in the hearts of those young men who attacked us was so horrible. It blinded them from thinking or imagining the agony and suffering of those thousands of innocent men and women who were murdered in the attacks and the terrible grief of those loved ones who were left behind.
The most horrible thing is that those attackers did not feel any sense of guilt. The Koran taught them that their acts are not acts of evil, but rather acts of a high level of righteousness intended to eradicate the infidel Christians from the face of the earth. The Koran taught them also that there is a great reward waiting for them in paradise if they die as martyrs.
The Koran taught them that their sins will be forgiven, and each one of them will be married to one hundred virgins, with wide lovely eyes in paradise. These are the words of the Koran:
And if you are killed or die in the Way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all that they amass [of worldly wealth].
(Sural Al-Imran 3:157)
Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers [Muslims] their lives and their properties for (the price) that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah’s cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. It is a promise in truth, which is binding, on Him. (Surat Al-Taubah 9:111)
The Koran describes life in paradise in the following verses:
Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do. They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And we shall marry them to Hur (fair females) with wide lovely eyes. And we shall provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire. (Surat Al-Tur 52:17-20,22)
Paradise is all sensual, nothing spiritual.
Another picture of paradise is described in the following words:
The second picture:
Water flowing constantly and fruit in plenty whose supply is not cut off and reclining on couches raised high: verily we have created from them (women) of special creation and made them virgins of equal age. (Surat Al-Waqiah 56:31-37)
The third picture:
Gardens and vineyards and young full-breasted virgins of equal age and a full cup of wine. (Surat Al-Naba 78:32-34)
With these pictures of paradise—dreaming about one hundred virgins awaiting each one of them—those young people with their Egyptian leader Muhammad Atta committed suicide and died with their victims.
Preparations for the September 11th attacks took many years. Ben Laden and Ayman Al-Zawahri with their associates of men of very evil minds began to test the Americans with terrorist attacks. They saw that Americans ran away from trouble in Beirut, Lebanon where 243 marines were murdered. Americans ran away from Somalia, and they did not do anything when they were attacked in Saudi Arabia, Nairobi, and Yemen.
Ben Laden, who is from the radical Wahhabi Islamic sect established in Saudi Arabia in the 18th century, and with roots even well before that, concluded that America is a paper tiger. Hit Americans hard and they will collapse. Ben Laden thought, that the time had come to establish an Islamic Empire, where Islam would be the only recognized religion in the world, and the sharia (law) of the Koran will be the only law. Ben Laden and his followers were in great shock, when they saw what America did in a short time in Afghanistan. They saw that America is not a paper tiger but a fierce tiger.
They are now living in hiding, somewhere in an Islamic country. That indicates that there are Muslim countries who harbor terrorists and sympathize with Ben Laden’s beliefs and terrorism. If Islam is a religion of peace and freedom, Ben Laden should be arrested by the Islamic country, which gives him refuge. For Ben Laden and his associates to be given refuge, in any Islamic country is a declaration that Islam and terrorism are associated.
Last November, Russian president Vladimir Putin made a strong statement. The London Telegraph reported on November 12, 2002, the following:
Islamic radicals are pursuing the systematic annihilation of non-Muslims…president Putin said that western civilization faced a mortal threat from Muslim terrorists, and claimed that they had plans to create a world wide caliphate which means a world wide Islamic Empire.
At this point I will mention but a few of the physical terrorist attacks committed by Muslims after the September 11th.
- On April 22, 2002, four Islamic fundamentalists kidnapped and killed Daniel Pearl, the Wall Street Journal reporter, in a barbaric, horrific way, just because he was an American Jew.
- On May 12, 2002 a gas cylinder was set on fire under Milan’s huge Gothic cathedral in an apparent bid to cause an explosion. Police found a cloth scrawled with the Islamic cry “God is great” nearby (The Washington Times, May 13, 2002).
- On October 23rd Chechen Muslim gunmen seized the Moscow Theater and took hundreds of people hostage. 129 hostages died and 41 hostage-takers were killed (The Washington Post, January 26, 2003).
- On November 28, 2002, suicide bombers destroyed an Israeli-owned beach resort in Mombassa Kenya, shattering lives of villagers outside Mombassa. The terrorists tried to attack an Israeli jet liner taking off from the airport nearby, but they failed.
- On December 30, 2002, gunman killed 3 U.S. missionaries at a hospital in Yemen. Those were medical doctors serving the Yemeni people for many years (The Washington Times, December 31, 2002).
- On January 7, 2003, British anti-terrorism police discovered traces of ricine, a highly toxic poison in a north London apartment. Six Africans, all of North African origin, were arrested. Prime Minister Tony Blair said after the arrest “this danger is present and real and with us now, and its potential is huge” (The Washington Post, January 8, 2003).
Time will not allow me to tell you about many other terrorist attacks around the world. The most recent ones are the murder of the American diplomat in Amman, Jordan, and the attack on the club in Bali, Indonesia.
We have heard through the media, that the terrorists attacked us because we stand with Israel against the Palestinians. This is a totally false accusation. Many centuries before the existence of the state of Israel, in the year 1895, the Turkish Muslims massacred more than 60,000 Armenian Christians in many cities in Turkey and crushed them like grapes during the vintage in one night. There was no Israeli-Palestinian conflict during that time. Those butchers were motivated by their Koran.
When we say that Islam and terrorism are related to each other, is this a false accusation? Is it to insult Islam? Or is it a fact based on the clear worlds of the Koran?
Please listen carefully to these verses from the Koran:
(1) The Prophet Muhammad urges Muslims to fight in the cause of Allah,
O prophet Muhammad urge the believers [Muslims] to fight. (Surat Al-Anfal 8:65)
(2) The Koran commands Muslims not to befriend Jews or Christians.
O ye who believe [Muslims] take not the Jews or the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors of each other. And he among you that turn to them [for friendship] is of them. (Surat Al-Maidah 5:51)
(3) The Koran commands Muslims to fight Jews and Christians.
Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, no forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger [Muhammad] and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (Islam) among the people of the Scripture [Jews and Christians] until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (Surat At-Taubah 9:29)
We have to understand that Jizyah is a special high tax to be paid only by Jews and Christians who live in Islamic countries and who do not want to renounce their religion and convert to Islam.
(4) The Koran declares that those who wage war against Allah and Muhammad must be crucified and tortured in a sadistic manner.
The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger Muhammad and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in the world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.
(Surat Al-Maidah 5:33)
(5) The Koran commands Muslims to fight the infidels who are neighbors and close to them:
O you who believe [Muslims]! Fight those of the infidels who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you; and know that Allah is with those who are pious. (Surat Al-Taubah 9:123)
(6) The Koran commands Muslims to convert non-Muslims to Islam by force:
Kill the Mushrikun (polytheists, Christians and non-Muslims), wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush. But, if they repent and perform As-salat (public prayer with Muslims) and give Zakat (Islamic alms), then leave their way free. Allah is oft forgiving, most merciful.
(Surat At-Taubah 9:5)
(7) The Koran commands Muslims to fight non-Muslims until they exterminate all other religions and make Islam the only religion in the world:
And fight until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (alone).
(Surat Al-Bagarah 2:193)
There are almost one hundred verses in the Koran calling Muslims to Jihad, holy war against Jews, Christians, and non-Muslims. Do these clear verses of the Koran indicate that Islam is a religion of peace?
- Hits: 35217